This position will assist in patient care throughout the nursing areas, and is responsible for the safe transport of patients vial wheel chair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services. Provides the services of an Observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
Reports to: Unit Manager/Director of Nursing
Classification: Non Exempt
Minimum of two years patient care experience preferred.
Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens, frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
1. Observes and reports patient’s status and needs.
2. Answers call lights and attends to/reports patient needs.
3. Obtains specimens and transport to and sends through designated tube.
4. Transfers, moves and repositions patients.
5. Monitors and records patient’s vital signs like heart rate, pulse temperature and blood pressure.
6. Assists physicians and nurses during medical examination and treatment of the patient.
7. Makes occupied and unoccupied beds.
8. Maintains current knowledge and certification requirements.
9. Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety and specific job-related hazards.
10. Respects and regards the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
11. Other duties as assigned
– The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
– The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
– The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
– The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Morning (Preferred)
- Overnight (Preferred)
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED: